Our Alumni reunion ride is open to all cyclists who have ever taken part in the Tour de Force (now Le Loop). This is a reunion for all!
Sarah will be there, along with our brilliant new lead cyclist Emily to host the ride. This is essentially the 2nd day of our first training weekend for the 2018 riders, so it’s not just a chance for you to catch up with mates from the Tour, but also an opportunity for you to wax lyrical with your top pieces of advice for the nervous newbies.
Please confirm with Kate if you are coming so we can manage numbers. Thank you. email@example.com
- We don’t charge for reunion rides. We design and sign a route, lead the way and provide basic vehicle/mechanical support.
- The only costs you’ll incur are for accommodation (if you need it the night before) and food (we’ll find lunch and evening pubs and you just pay on the spot).
- We will have a spare room in the hotel which you are welcome to use for leaving bags and post ride showers (bring your own towels).
- If it suits you to arrive the evening before, go ahead and book into the same hotel we’re basing ourselves in – details below. We’ll all be having dinner together in the hotel’s pub, and we’d love you to join us too.
Friends and Family
If you would like to bring a friend or two (future Le Loop cyclists?) or have family join us for lunch, please email Kate so that we can keep track of numbers. As far as we’re concerned, the more the merrier!
- You don’t have to stay the night before, but if you’ve a long way to travel, or want to make a night of it, then you can!
- We have not held any rooms – the earlier you book, the cheaper it is.
- You are welcome to organise your own accommodation elsewhere (or at home if you are relatively local) and just join us for the rides
- We’re staying at the Cheltenham Travelodge: Golden Valley Roundabout, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6TA http://bit.ly/2dvCMO0 (book and generate an easyfundaising donation).
- If you are coming alone and would like to share a room, please contact Kate who will team you up with another cyclist.
We’ll do a ride of around 55 miles so that anyone with a long journey home can get on the road at a sensible time. No one expects you to be in the same awesome, peak condition you were in for the tour – in fact, if you just want to join us for the pub lunch, you can! We won’t judge!
9.15: Meet in the hotel car park. Ride will depart promptly at 9.30am.
Lunch: There will be a pub lunch en route with amazing roast dinners. Again, please bring your pocket money.
3pm ish: Return to hotel. Showers available in the Le Loop spare room (please bring towels).
Any problems on the day, contact the office number on 0131 3000796 ext 1 for Sarah – it will bounce through to her mobile.