Our support is legendary, and not just on the roads of France!
We give you everything you need to make a success of your fundraising commitment to the William Wates Memorial Trust.
Now that you are a fully-signed up rider you will have access to masses of tried and tested ideas, tools and resources in our Rider Zone.
“Get stuck in, be as committed to the fundraising as your training and enjoy the whole process. Its a hugely
creative and satisfying experience and you’ll often be surprised by how willing people are to help you
along the way… good luck!!!” – Luke Milnes (signed up in May and raised over £4,000 in 3 months)
With the winter closing in, you’ll be spending fewer hours on the bike, so now is the perfect time to get really stuck into your fundraising. The more you do now, the less you have to worry about in the Spring when you’ll be doing big hours of cycling! Remember – you need to reach 80% of your target by the end of April!
So here are some of our tops tips, easy wins and useful tools and resources to get your started. If you haven’t explored the links for fundraising on your Rider Zone yet, now is the time to do it!
This isn’t something you should just think about after the event. Lots of companies have sophisticated match funding schemes that will not only match the amount you’ve raised on your fundraising page, but also match each and every donation made by your colleagues. If that’s the case, always remind your colleagues to apply to match their donations too! Remember all match funding payments must give a reference of *YourNameLeLoop* so that we can identify it easily and add it to your tally.
We have the following Tools available for you to use – more info here:
- Collection tins and buckets
- Banners and posters (both to advertise your event and to illustrate some of the projects supported by WWMT)
- Sponsorship gift aid form (to get signed when you receive a donation offline – cash or cheque – so that WWMT can claim an additional 25%)
- Email templates – a series of emails for you to send out to your supporters – use them or adapt them to make them your own, but these will help you make multiple approaches to your supporters
- Fun Tour Facts – to make your emails, facebook posts etc more entertaining – such as how many buckets of sweat you’ll produce on a stage!!
- Press Pack – want your 15 minutes of fame? Help to spread the word about your challenge and Le Loop? Our press pack
- Pens and Envelopes – doing a fundraiser and expect cash or cheque donations? Use these pens and envelopes to collect the donations AND get the info needed to claim the gift aid
- Certificate of thanks – it’s important to say thank you to those who have helped you – the shop that let you put a collection tin by their till, the supermarket who let you do a sponsored spin in their foyer etc.
- Raffle tickets – a template
- Powerpoint presentation – if you need to make a pitch to your employer or a potential corporate sponsor, this template is your starting point
Looking for inspiration? We’ve got masses of tried and tested ideas, with tips on how to get the most from your fundraiser – more info here:
- Sponsored spin – raise big bucks while training
- Quiz night or dinner dance – one night, big effort, great results
- Bake bake bake – cycling and baking – a winning combo
- Raffle or auction – there’s more than one way to raffle
- Your skills – sell/auction your skills or services
- Sell stuff – your own stuff and donated stuff
- Buy stuff – make your shopping pay
- Unique ideas – fundraise outside the box
- Friends and family – they love you – let them show you
- Virgin Money Giving Advice – plenty more ideas
Got a fundraising question? Check out our Fundraising Q&A in the Rider Zone.
But most importantly, whatever method you try, make a start now, have fun and GOOD LUCK!