3 days cycling, approx 550km
Less obvious stages maybe, but seriously fun cycling and not to be overlooked
This Loop is designed to take you somewhere new and give you some good, Tour-style climbing without necessarily the non-stop, super-long climbs of the Alps or Pyrenees.
Total ascent on one or two of this Loop’s stages can easily reach 3,500 or 4,000m (as opposed to the 4,500 or 5,000 in the high mountains) but the climbing is more measured and more spread out.
The Middle Mountains Loop might be in the Jura, the Vosges or the Massif Central and make great tourist cycling for those eager to acquaint themselves with new areas of France; you wouldn’t make it to these places on your own – and that’s why we love the Tour.
More information on exact routes and locations will be available in October once the full route has been announced.
Dates and Stages TBC in October when the route is announced
Due end Jan
Due end Mar
|Fundraising Target||80% Fundraising
due end April
- Accommodation (Mostly twin share. Single supplements are available to buy in January)
- All food (3 meals and the best feedstops you’ve ever seen)
- Fully signed route, the stuff of legend
- Mechanical, medical and moral support
- Luggage Transfers
- Coach transfers to the next stage start when the stages aren’t contiguous
- Travel to and from France (but we’ll give you advice on the best travel routes)
- Bike Transport (£30 each way if you want us to drive your bike there and back)
- Evening massage (£10 or €10 per massage if you’d like one – highly recommended)
- Beer/wine/drinks at dinner