One ‘warm-up’ day and one discovery stage before a rest day and the Pyrenean heroics! Here are a progressively tougher series of stages and a true feel of riding a ‘mini Tour’. After two absolutely stunning days riding through the Rhone, Ardeche and Volcanic regions (the sun will shine, the feedstops will be spectacular), you are rewarded with a rest day in the medieval town of Carcassonne and time to carb load while you contemplate the Pyrenees. What follows, over four days, from the Col de Portet d’Aspet to the Tourmalet and Col d’Aubisque is the stuff of legend. This will be a seriously impressive sequence of mountain stages with the opportunity of riding many of the most famous Pyrenean road climbs in Tour history. It’s time to get excited!
Note: It will be possible to buy a Paris extension for this Loop if you’d like to carry on for the time trial, transfer north and party in Paris. Once you’ve bought your place, this extension will be available in the Rider Zone shop.
- Arrive: Fri 13th July.
- Stage 14: Sat 14th July. St Paul Trois Chateaux – Mende. 187km.
- Stage 15: Sun 15th July. Millau – Carcassonne. 181km.
- REST DAY: Mon 16th July.
- Stage 16:Tues 17th July. Carcassonne – Luchon. 218km.
- Stage 17: Weds 18th July. Luchon – St Lary. 65km.
- Stage 18: Thurs 19th July. Trie sur Baise – Pau. 172km.
- Stage 19: Fri 20th July. Lourdes – Laruns. 200km.
- Dept: Sat 21st July.
Included in all Loops
- Accommodation (Mostly twin share. Single supplements are available to buy in January)
- Food (3 meals and the best feedstops you’ve ever seen)
- Fully signed route, the stuff of legend
- Mechanical, medical and moral support
- Luggage Transfers
- Coach transfers to the next stage start where applicable
Not included in all Loops
- Travel to and from France (but we’ll give you advice on the best travel routes)
- Bike Transport (£30 each way if you want us to drive your bike there and back)
- Evening massage (£10 per massage)
- Beer/wine/dinner drinks!