What a Tour challenge: to cycle more than 100 miles twice in a row on the same course as the pros – and these flat (but don’t quote us on that) stages (one coast, one country) provide a great way to savour Tour Fever. You get two lovely, long (but not dauntingly so) days of riding which take you through the Vendee, a gorgeous region chock full of coastal views, pretty villages and quiet country lanes. The atmosphere will be sociable and friendly so whether you’re at the finish hotel by 3pm or 7pm, we’re sure everyone’ll have time for a beer before dinner.
** If you would like to cycle the time trial on stage 3, you’re welcome to join us for the coach to Cholet and depart from Cholet in the afternoon rather than La Roche sur Yon in the morning. Just let Sarah know so we have space for you on the coach.
- Arrive: Fri 29th June.
- Stage 1: Sat 30th June. Noirmoutier – Fontenay le Comte. 189km.
- Stage 2: Sun 1st July. Moulleron – La Roche sur Yon. 183km.
- Dept: Mon 2nd July.
Included in all Loops
- Accommodation (Mostly twin share. Single supplements are available to buy in January)
- Food (3 meals and the best feedstops you’ve ever seen)
- Fully signed route, the stuff of legend
- Mechanical, medical and moral support
- Luggage Transfers
- Coach transfers to the next stage start where applicable
Not included in all Loops
- Travel to and from France (but we’ll give you advice on the best travel routes)
- Bike Transport (£30 each way if you want us to drive your bike there and back)
- Evening massage (£10 per massage)
- Beer/wine/dinner drinks!