Charity visits are a fantastic way to really motivate you, both on the bike and in your fundraising. We can’t recommend a charity visit highly enough, so if you can get to London for this one, it’ll really be worth the effort.
Join Tour Organiser Sarah Perry for our charity visit to the Regenerate in Putney. The more the merrier. If you want to come, email Kate to grab your place (email@example.com ).
When: Wednesday 7th Feb, 5.30pm
Where: Putney Mainline Station. Sarah will escort you to the Youth Centre
Meet: 5.30pm – visit will end by 7pm
Regenerate is a shining example of a project working at grass roots to engage and support young people from disadvantaged backgrounds:
- The Youth Centre runs positive activities for children and young people that enhance their life experiences; enabling them to take action in their lives and contribute to society as active, involved, useful and valued citizens, such as: Football Clubs; Juice Bar youth drop in sessions; Juice Music Academy where young people develop their talents through studio sessions and showcase events, and can gain an Arts Award.
- Attendees are invited to join the World Changers program. It involves young people volunteering in the community, engaging in social justice issues making a difference to society at home and abroad, and taking positive action in their lives.
- Their City Lights one day events range from opportunities to paint, plant, fix and tidy to fun days that bring the whole community together locally to become involved in their communities and beyond.
- They organise internships and opportunities to support, train and employ young people are available targeting those exiting gangs, prison, or who are not in education, employment or training.
- Their brilliant Feel Good Bakery re-enters NEETs (Not in Education, Employment or Training) 16-25s into employment; and the Mentoring and Coaching Collective closely mentors a group of young people aged 13-24 to help them make positive life changes, and social start up support.